What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you voluntarily interact with us and our products and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- Your name
- Your home or work address, email address and/or phone number
- Your job title
- Delivery details, including contact and delivery addresses
How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process your personal data listed above for the following purposes:
- As required to establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example, if you request a quotation, make a purchase from us or enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it.
- comply with applicable law and regulation.
- In accordance with our legitimate interests in undertaking our business activities and protecting KCL's legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- In accordance with our legitimate interests to respond to any enquiries you make to us.
- With your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services.
- We may use information you provide to personalise our communications to you; our website; and products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- To monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- We may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests.
- We may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
We may also send you direct marketing in relation to relevant products and services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We use essential cookies that are required for the technical operation of our site. Without essential cookies our site can’t operate properly.
We use performance cookies to record non-personal information regarding visitors and to see how visitors move around our site. This helps us to better understand which features are most popular and best meet the needs of our visitors.
In this way, your visit to our web site will be logged; however, you will remain anonymous to us unless you specifically choose to share information with us.
To find out more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to Other Websites
The KCL website may contain links to other third party owned and operated web sites or internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another web site or internet resource. We have no responsibility or liability for or control over those other web sites or internet resources or their collection, use and processing of your personal information.
We cannot control the creation of their cookies, so we suggest you visit the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with the below third parties:
Our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors
Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors
Search engine and web analytics
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of KCL for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting and identity checking.
KCL will only allow its service providers to handle your personal data when they have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
KCL will undertake a regular review of the information held and implement a weeding process. KCL will dispose of any personal data in a way that protects the rights and privacy of the individual concerned.
Where you purchase goods and/or services from us we may keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of up to 12 years to comply with professional indemnity for design liability.
Where you are a customer or a prospective customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you we will retain your data until you unsubscribe from our communications, or for no longer than five years, prior to which we will ask you to opt back into receipt of our communications.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for up to three years after the query is closed.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require KCL to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
How does KCL keep my data secure?
KCL has policies and procedures in place to ensure the security of your personal data.
Physical measures include locked filing cabinets, restriction of access to offices.
Technical tools include passwords and encryption.
Organisational controls include confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, and staff training.
Online security is also a priority. KCL incorporates security measures such as encryption and utilises firewalls to protect our servers and network.
Where is my data stored?
Your data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA).
What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it. You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
KCL does not undertake automated decision-making processes. If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you can ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. You can ask us to erase your personal data by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; if you object to the use of your personal data and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it; or if we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
Where can I find more information about KCL's handling of my data?
For more information about your rights you can visit the Office of the Information Commissioner's website: https://ico.org.uk/